You ever go on a date with your spouse, but struggle to take things to a deeper level of connection? For most of it you keep talking about the day-to-day things, what’s going on with your loved ones, your work, etc. and you leave your date feeling like it was good, but there definitely could have been a deeper connection made.
I’ve come up with a small list of 10 questions you can keep referring back to on dates to get some intentional convo going.
It can feel weird at first to use them if you never have before and could feel like the convo is being forced to go somewhere, but I’ve found it to be super helpful to keep my husband and I focused on “us” and not other distracting things. Let’s face it, we are distracted more than ever before, with so much information thrown at us, it’s easy to talk about pointless things.
So your next date night, pull up these questions below!
- What is something you can’t stop laughing at recently?
- What do you love about each other?
- Where do you see the most potential in each other at this stage in life?
- If you could stop doing any on thing in this season, what would it be?
- What are you most proud of with yourself and with “us”?
- In this season of life, what brings you the most fear and why?
- If there was one relationship (family, friend, co-worker, etc) you could instantly change, which one would you change and why?
- Where have you seen the biggest growth in each other?
- Where would you like to be at this time next year?
- Where would you like to be 3-5 years from now?
Well I hope you enjoyed these questions and will get some intentional conversation going! I’m rooting for every committed relationship and want to make sure that communication is always at such a high priority. Listening to understand one another and helping each another operate at their greatest potential is vital to a thriving marriage!
Happy Forever-Dating your spouse!!!